19 August 2013

Berlin - Day 1

I've been to Berlin many times before, especially when I was younger. In 2004, I spent about two months here, crashing on a friend's couch, dreaming of photography and art shows. It's hard to believe that's almost ten years ago. Back then I had different thoughts and worries. I couldn't wait to grow up and be somebody else. How stupid I was. 

Today I feel very different. I still dream of photography a little and of art shows sometimes, but I'm happy with the person I've become. In that regard, I guess I didn't let my younger self down. Kids develop and become people. That's the same for all of us. The question is, how well do you know yourself? I believe that the answer determines who you turn into.

That being said, I think I was super lucky. Compared to the kid that I was I feel like I turned out quite alright. Sounds funny, doesn't it. Well, that's how I feel. I was a weird kid. Who knows, perhaps I'm a weird thirty-year old, too. Berlin is seems to be full of them. Weird thirty-year olds, I mean. Whether that's good or bad, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment