10 June 2011

Bangkok pt. 3 - Day 13

Today started kind of slow. I wrote a little, read a little and then decided to watch a movie. These past few days I've been watching a lot of films, but not too many of them caused any emotional effect. Most of them ended up being left on while I started doing something else. Then today I watched Whatever Works, a film by Woody Allen, and this one made me laugh at my home cinema netbook screen. The characters, the dialogues, the timing, I don't know, everything seemed to fit perfectly.

In the afternoon I met Ploy and we went to a place called Central World. It's a gigantic mall behind Siam Paragon. It's also next to the place where Ploy's friend Plair works. Her desk is on the 38th floor and she must have an amazing view over Bangkok. We met her in the mall and had coffee and a piece of blueberry cheesecake. For dinner we went to an Italian restaurant in K Village, close to Phrom Phong. The place is called Wine Connection and is sort of classy but with hip hop tunes, perfect. 

It's crazy, there's so many great places in this city, all hidden in the mazy mess of alleys and sois. I wonder how people ever get to know those treasure spots to begin with. But maybe that's exactly what makes life in a metropolis interesting. The little pleasures between all the massive bulks of craziness and uniformity. Finding a nice place you want to call home, finding a decent job that makes you happy, finding skate spots that keep you balanced. Find yourself, too, and get settled. And finally find peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment