09 June 2011

Bangkok pt. 3 - Day 12

Today I had lunch with Ploy and Yam. It was way past twelve, but it was funny when we walked by a building that was called the Zenith. I think it was one of the hottest days since the beginning of time, no cloud in the sky and not a single breeze of cool in the air, just the sun against the world. We went to a place called Cabin Café and Gallery. It was bright and simply furnished, a nice place, although I didn't see much gallery. The food was tasty, too, we had Phad Thai with crispy egg noodles and a Chicken Salad with courgette.

There's so many foreigners living in Thailand, I wonder what countries they are coming from. I learned that it's mostly the US, China and also Korea; apparently there's not too many Europeans who settle down here. Funnily enough I met two Germans in the skate park today. I went there in the afternoon and it was deserted, only those two guys and me. I didn't know at first, but after a global "W'sup?" I heard them speak German. I thought about striking up a conversation, but at the end I kept quietly skating. 

That's actually the best part about the indoor skate park. It's quiet. Like quiet quiet. Since it's in the back of a shop and inside a huge mall, and therefore far away from the outside, there's no traffic, no masses of people, no nothing. They don't even play any music. And they keep the door shut. All you hear is the sound that you make. And on top of that, it's air-conditioned, it's well-lit and everything is wooden. In other words, contrary to the outside world of BKK, all your senses are at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment