09 May 2011

Bangkok pt. 2 - Day 12

Today Tobs and Tom stayed at the park, while Jessi and I took off to the city. It started raining as we drove on the highway and by the time we arrived at Siam Station it was pouring heavily. Avoiding the rain we went inside Siam Center and got two Cafe Latte to go. Funny, how a cup of hot beige-coloured coffee can provide you with so much comfort. 

The rain soon decreased and we strolled around Siam Square for a bit. Then we got ripped off by a Tuktuk driver who wanted a hundred and fifty Baht for a ride from Siam to Sala Daeng. We negotiated a hundred and thirty and got in. We enjoyed the ride till the driver pulled over after a bit over five minutes, a distance that would cost sixty Bath at the most. I was furious, and I had trouble to keep my cool. But a deal is a deal, so we gave him a hundred and twenty and left. 

We met Tobs and Tom for dinner, and you know, my friend Tobs is one of the most peaceful people I've ever met, but when he told us about their taxi ride in to the city, I could tell he was close to punching somebody innocent in the face. He doesn't like generalizing, either, but today he hated every single taxi driver in Thailand. Dinner was nice though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment