27 April 2011

Chiang Mai - Day 3.

Today I woke up late again and went to a Wawee Coffee Shop for brunch. I got a chocolate banana crêpe and some real Chiang Mai coffee, real tasty. After that I went to return the scooter and back to the hotel. The bus was leaving at six in the evening, so I asked for a late check-out. It cost an extra hundred Bath, but I found it well worth it. Since I had time left on my hands and I didn't get to take many pictures yet I decided to walk around the hood for one last time.

To be on the safe side I packed some stuff before I left, and suddenly it started raining. I thought about staying in, but then, when would I ever be coming back to this place, right? So I took my camera and some cash with me and left into the rain. During my walk I met a lot of dogs, probably more than human beings, some of them barked at me, some of them followed me for a few meters, and others just lay there not even taking notice of me. I wondered if they had no home, most of them were super skinny. But they generally seemed like friendly and peaceful creatures.

The walking got me hungry and after a few blocks I came to a small restaurant on a little corner. A young couple was sitting at one of the wooden tables for two. The woman in the kitchen corner was fixing something, maybe a snack for the couple. I picked a table on the other side, one with a nice view on the busy street which was now crowded with cars. I ordered fried rice with curry chicken and watched the world getting wet.

At around four I got back to the hotel. I took a shower and finished packing. Then, after only a few minutes of relaxing, it was time to leave. A mini van took me and a few other tourists to a bus which was waiting at a gas station a bit outside the city center. I picked a seat and the twelve hour journey back to BKK began. Strangely enough it felt a bit like going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment