28 April 2011

Bangkok pt. 2 - Day 1

The bus arrived at around five in the morning. It was a weird feeling to get off the bus and to Khaosan Road again. I've only spent like ten days in this city, but somehow it was nice to recognize the jewelry joint on the corner, the supermarket with the neon sign that wasn't neon anymore, the coffee shop down the street. And at this time of day not a single person is walking with a destination in mind. The few people that are out are either drunk tourists or homeless locals.

Back at home I fell into bed and slept like I haven't slept in quite some time. I woke up at around noon, I think, and felt like sleeping some more, but I was hungry. So I got up and contacted Jin and Mee, who I had met shortly before Chiang Mai. We had a little lunch at McDonald's, I had Chicken McNuggets and some coffee, and talked about this and that, mostly about further travel plans. They were going to Laos, Myanmar and perhaps Nepal. It's crazy how people just jump on planes and go places whenever they feel like it.

After lunch I went back home and slept for another few hours. I woke up at around dinner time and didn't feel too good. I got something from the supermarket next door and went back to my room. The rest of the day was rather lazy. I watched The Sunset Limited and enjoyed it a lot. Based on a play, set in a single room, played by two dope actors, great dialogues, strong voices, mellow rhythm. Definitely worth a second and third watch. 

It was my last night at the Rikka Inn. I spent almost a dozen nights in this place and learned that there's things in a hotel room that I don't necesserily need, for example a television set or a refrigerator, and things that I'd like to have instead, things like a proper desk, not a small make-up table, or a little wardrobe to organize my stuff. Looking forward to tomorrow I didn't go out at night, but packed my bags in preparation to leave early the next day. Of course I still ended up sleeping late.

No comments:

Post a Comment