12 December 2013

What a Journey

About twice a year I receive a package from Germany. Those parcels are usually large boxes filled with traditional can goods, random stuff that I bought online and ordered home, and a short note from my parents, wishing me health and happiness. They are little signs of familiar affection.

Today I received one of those boxes. Ten days before Christmas Eve. I always wonder how things like that travel around the world. The journey those boxes make to get here, the stories they must hear, think about it. Imagine you'd open a box and it would tell you about the things it went through.

Mine sort of did, because a pack of cookies had exploded and mixed with whatever damp particles it found to fashion a beautiful beige coating on everything inside. That ebbed my excitement for a moment, but it was still nice to see all the goodies neatly lined up on the floor of my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment