21 September 2013

Alles Gute, Tobs!

Today is my brother Tobs' birthday. I missed his thirtieth last year. I wasn't around and I was too focused on myself to even call him. I plain and simply forgot. I'm not good with birthdays and in my own defense, I don't really care about my own to begin with. However, this year I'm away again. I was home in between, but then it wasn't his birthday.

I was abscent a lot of times, for both my family and friends. I understand that's nothing to brag about. Now I complain about not having them around me much, when I missed plenty of opportunities to be around them. Especially when I was younger. Funny how that goes, mh. I hope they're not holding it against me. Man, thinking about this makes me feel bad.

Tobs and I have known each other since I was fourteen. I was there when he got his first phone. He helped me with my first email address. We did everything together, we saw other friends coming and going, but nothing ever stood between him and me. We never had a single fight, I think. I trust him. And I believe in him. The world is yours, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment