30 August 2013

Home - Day 2

This trip, us two visiting Germany, had a clear purpose. There wasn't much time for planning, but I know that's no reasonable excuse. It's just, there is a distinct reason why we came here and it's most important to me that everything went well. I love my friends at home and I hate that I didn't make enough time to match their schedules and timetables.

Looking at it from afar makes me look like a huge asshole. I'm visiting home after a whole year's absence, hardly telling anyone about my mission in the first place, and then barely managing to meet one friend. Tobs, Simon and I have known each other for longer than we haven't known each other. That alone is reason to celebrate. But of course, I fucked it up. 

What's important here is that, when I'm gone I'm not only apart from my friends but also from my family. Sumin and I came here to meet my parents. That's probably the same awkward situation in any country and in any culture on the planet, but I believe that it's a bit more precarious in Korea than it is in today's Germany. All I can hope is that my friends understand. And I'm sure they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment