15 July 2013

Excuse the Break

Today, an old friend of mine, Heri, came by the shop for a visit. It was her first time to see the store. Inchul was running a little late, he called me at a quarter to one. I told him it was fine, don't worry, take your time, man. I did so, because I knew I could use his coming late as an unspoken argument when asking him for a stretchy coffee break later.

Heri dropped in at around four, after Inchul and I had boxed all the orders, swiped the floors and stocked up the shelves. We went to a coffee shop down the street and talked about life. Not mine, just life in general I think. There are so many places to visit, but only few you want to settle down in. Not that I had much of a choice, but you know. It was a great cup of coffee. 

We made plans to grab a beer with Giwoun and Jonas in the evening and said au-revoir. I went back to work and counted the hours left at the shop. And when it was time I counted the few feebled bills that made it into our ready-for-retirement register. Countless anonymous deals and disappointments. And then they end up here. Closing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment