18 May 2013

Jeju - Day 3.

In the morning we fixed some paper coffee and went for a stroll. The house is located at the seaside near the airport, surrounded by golden fields of barley. We made a little round before we went back to pack our things. The pension is fairly new and the owner was keen on any suggestions regarding her place. I told her that we enjoyed a delightful stay and I didn't lie.

Once again we took our luggage for a walk and found a coffee place. We ordered americano and honey bread and took it upstairs where we had comfortable chairs and a nice view. We leafed through some magazines we had spotted in the newspaper rack by the door, and rather than reading the articles I found myself looking at the editorials, in search of potential employers.

Outside, mute scooters, cars and buses were following each other along the streets. Farther away, peaceful waves were silently building up to hit the shore. I always wonder what it's like to grow up near the ocean. I guess it will lose a lot of its wonderous appeal. I imagine that people here are more attracted to a busy life in the city, a life that Sumin and I were about to return to.

No comments:

Post a Comment