16 May 2013

Jeju - Day 1

Have you ever mixed up the departure time on your digital confirmation with the arrival time? It's a more likely mistake to make if the flight duration is only about an hour. It's careless, but it's what happened to Sumin and me when we went to board the train to the airport. The realization hit us on our way to get a snack. We looked at each other and decided to skip coffee.

After rushing to the train and finding two vacant seats we checked our flight information again. We quickly calculated our chances to get on the plane that would take us to Jeju Island, to our first three-day birthday vacation together. We had a large carrier bag that contained both our boards and all our stuff, which means we were packed compact but unfortunate for a sprint.  

Our calculation went something like this. If we ran - through all those other people, with our bag - from the underground platform to the lower ground main level of the station, up the long-ass uphill passage to the terminal, then up another flight to get to the check-in counters, found the right one and beat the clock by at least twenty minutes before departure time, we'd be good.

These past few days have been quite busy, with the magazine deadline and all that, constantly scolding me for not being a genius who can pull off an amazing article any time I want, but I managed my pensum, I had finished my personal work load. I was really looking forward to this trip. You can imagine how glad I was when the lady handed us our boarding passes. And off we went!

No comments:

Post a Comment