09 May 2013

Busan - Day 1

Yeah, another trip to Busan. This time though, of completely different nature. Some time ago, Lakai Shoes had moved their production to Korea, I don't think it's a big secret - just look at your label - and this week three creative heads from the company came to Korea for quality control and all that. One of them, a fine former pro skater and now designer named, Scott Johnston.

I knew this trip was planned for a while, but initially I couldn't go because I was supposed to get a batch of new translations in. Then, yesterday, I found out that I was fucked in the ass a little bit and my schedule suddenly became free. I told the guys at the office, and today I hopped on a train with the Biffle. The plan was to get an interview, but experience has tought us to expect nothing.

As it turned out, experience tought us well. The guys were busy and if we hadn't been prepared for the worst it would've been a tremendous waste of time. The pre-trip preparation by our middleman was disappointing, not to call it a lie, and we ended up visiting a friend who owns a skate shop here. So far, the most productive part of this trip was the train ride during which I rewrote the intro for UNSG.

No comments:

Post a Comment