13 May 2012

No Big Deal, But Still

I probably saw Nick Jensen and Paul Shier today. At least I think I did. I was waiting for the traffic lights at Mornington Crescent Station to change when I saw a bunch of skaters walk across the safety island. One of them was tall and skinny with an edgy face and out-of-control hair. He wore a sweater vest over a t-shirt. Another one was wearing a five-panel hat and a flanel shirt with tied-up sleeves, worn like a shoulderbag.

I'm quite sure it was them. Unfortunately, I didn't see them push and skate, then I could be entirely sure, but all they did was stand and walk. Of course, one could argue now that I have no valuable proof, and that might be true, but I know they live in London, so I could be right. And also, they stood and walked like they were professional skateboarders. The way they held their boards, you know. I'm quite sure it was them.

I mean, I could be wrong. Right now they could be touring through South Africa to shoot a Lakai or DVS ad, or they could be filming for a new Blueprint video, or they could be in LA, enjoying the final games of the Battle of the Berrics. They could be anywhere in the world, perhaps not even skating. And I know, it's not like they're legendary like Black Thought and ?uestlove. But still, I might have seen Nick Jensen and Paul Shier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment