30 April 2011

Bangkok pt.2 - Day 3

When I woke up today Tobs was already working on his computer. I got up, too, and we went out to get some breakfast. The Thai Wake Park is a really thought through place. They basically got everything you need. I guess since it's detached from the rest of the world they kind of have to. And I gotta say, except for a little concrete flat to skate, they got most of people's needs covered. Lots of shady spots to chill beside the lake, a fine restaurant with a friendly staff etcetera etcetera.

It was my first time on the water after almost a year and my first start went surprisingly well. I finished three and a half rounds and got comfortable with the corners and the speed. Then the second start and I fell right away. The third one was alright, but after that everything went downhill. I tried and failed and tried and failed again, after my two-hour pass had expired I could count the good tries on one hand. Enough is enough, I thought, and gave up. 

In the afternoon we took a taxi to Mo Chit Station, to check out Chatuchak Market. Since we left a bit later than we had planned, we didn't have much time left before it closed its doors at six. Still we checked out a few stores. I was looking for some pants, but ended up with two more t-shirts. We also went to the JJ Mall in the back of the market, but frankly it was a bit of a disappointment. They have plenty of shops there, and the air condition causes a nice change of temperature, but they didn't offer anything that was of real interest for us.

For dinner we got Path Thai in a restaurant near Khaosan Road, where they had a Summer Music Festival today. That, too, wasn't really working for us, but at least I got to show Tobs Khaosan Road. We walked through the bright streets and some dark alleyways, and before we left to the park again we got ourselves some massages. It was my first ever Thai massage and I'm not sure I like it too much. I have to admit that my muscles were indeed hurting a bit less afterwards, but I'm not too keen on getting another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment