25 March 2011

Supermoon watching Me

About a week ago I switched off the lights at night, and it was still bright. Strange, I thought, maybe they have new street lights outside, although I haven't seen anybody put something up. I looked out the window and saw a giant moon hanging in the sky. It was super round and, right there in front of me. Naa, c'mon, I thought, I mean, how much can the moon change, right?

So I went to bed and tried to sleep, but it was a bit weird. I rolled around a bit, then opened my eyes and it looked like a huge eyeball, a bit scary, and it was looking straight through my window. I thought about turning around, like put my pillow where my feet are, but the magic eye would see me anyways. So I just lay there, thinking about tricks and spots.

A few days ago then, an old friend of mine posted an article about 'the supermoon', it was the National Geographic or something. Next to some photographs the description said that on Saturday the moon made its closest approach to Earth in eighteen years. It was only some 350000 kilometers away, making it about twenty percent brighter and fifteen percent bigger than the regular moon. So I wasn't being paranoid after all, how very comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment