27 February 2011

If you want to sing out, sing out

Today I had sort of a ludicrous day, pretty messed up. The morning began kind of sour, I woke up and felt like crap. Maybe it's because I watched two very bad movies last night. I don't want to judge, but they just didn't work for me. Funny thing is, I finished the first one and thought 'Ah shit, I have to watch another one, just to make up for this one'. And then I clicked on another one and it was just as disappointing as the first one. I don't know, stuff like that gives me a bad sleep.

So I woke up today and felt stupid. Then I tried to focus my eye sight on the window. It didn't work, I was too tired. But I could hear rain drops falling from heaven, or rather hitting something after they were done falling. With a sigh I catapulted my dreary old body into a sitting position and felt my sixpack stomach which happens to be hiding in a thick layer of fatness. It's been a couple of years now, maybe ten, but I'm pretty sure it's still somewhere in there. It was a sad morning. 

Last night I got really hungry, I was in the supermarket earlier to get groceries and I therefore knew there was some good stuff in the kitchen, but I resisted and was looking forward to breakfast today. It's happened a million times before and it will happen again. I went downstairs, opened the fridge door and wasn't feeling like having any of it. Stupid. At the end I had a piece of Vollkornbrot with a layer of Kräuterkram, some Salami and a sheet of young Gouda. Plus coffee. And see, the coffee was actually good.

After that I worked a bit, crossed something off my list, needless to say that the list has grown since the day before yesterday. But I was glad to keep moving towards the end. Around one o'clock I realized that I had typed hundreds of words already, but not spoken a single one. I figure, that's why each and every time I pick up Tobs' calls, he says 'Guten Morgen', and I can't even blame him.

I looked at the computer screen and clicked the little diskette symbol on whatever it is that I was working on. I decided to give me a little break. Normally, on a good-weathered day, I would go out and push the board a little, or to the court to throw some balls. But I think rain in general fucks everything up. So I did some laundry, that always gets me in a better mood, don't ask me why. I honestly have no idea.

And while the drum was spinning some dark shirts and pants at thirty degrees, I went upstairs and youtubed some karaoke songs to sing along. A few close people out there will know exactly what I sang. Or tried to sing. I started off with 'Wonderwall', then 'Don't look back in anger', and then I wondered once again how much Oasis I am when it comes to 노래방 action. Well, so be it, I thought, and looked for 'Stand by me'. 

After that I tried some Coldplay which didn't work well. I had to stop after a few tries, because I felt my own ears bleeding. I sighed and tried to not feel sorry for all the people, my dear friends, who have ever, ever heard me sing. I picked 'I Don't want to miss a thing' for my grand finale and as Liv Tyler started crying at the TV screen I turned off my imaginary microphone and went downstairs to get the laundry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment