26 January 2011

Choke

Today I finished reading 'Choke' by Chuck Palahniuk. I really liked it, the characters, the shift between the many short chapters, and most of all the writer's ability to paint so many pictures with words. So far the reading-a-lot is going well, I think. If I keep up with the pace, I might even be able to achieve the height-high stack at the end of the year. Who knows.

Unemployment is so great. You have so much time. Every day becomes so long. And all day long you can think of stuff to fill the hours with. All the time you have to ask yourself what's wrong with you. Every day you have to worry about the next. Every morning you ask yourself what you're doing. Every fucking day. But hey, I won't complain. It's great, it's just a little confusing. Ah, maybe I should read a happy book next.

No comments:

Post a Comment