03 December 2013

Changing Lanes

Yesterday was my first day at my new job. Actually, it's an upgraded version of what I did before. If you know me, you'll know that I've been doing translations for Eloquence Magazine for almost a year now. Each month, usually in the second week, I'd get a bunch of emails carrying big and small articles in their attachments. It's a fun job. 

Now, I did that job as a freelancer. My main income used to be my part-time job at Timber, which you know I left last week. My third job didn't pay at all, but it was a good-hearted team on a mission with little direction. A few weeks ago, the editor-in-chief at Elo called me up and suggested a meeting. I said yes, and that's when everything began. 

We talked about this and that over lunch, and I told him about Unsung, about Timber, and about how I have plenty of things I want to do with my life. We talked a little more and by the time we ordered coffee he offered me a position in his editorial team. I told him I'd think about it and let him know. So I did, and here I am, typing this at my new desk, at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment