07 November 2013

Sign Here, Please

Kids need role models, people they can look up to. Proper guidance is hard to find. In some lucky cases a child can find inspiration in his father, but I'd guess that most kids are not that lucky. Or perhaps it's really the fathers who aren't. In any case, kids need role models. 

Most boys who are into sports will have an athlete they want to resemble, like Michael Jordan or Zinedine Zidane. Others, who have different interests, may see their heroes in famous writers or musicians. For me it was skateboarders I looked up to the most. 

One of those skaters was Stevie Williams. Among other style masters, he was one of the people I wanted to be as good as. Today, I met him in real person. Part of the Supra team has come to Korea and gathered at the shop for a signing. And well, some heroes are best on vhs.

No comments:

Post a Comment