28 November 2013

Good Bye, Timber Shop

Today was my last day at the shop. The guys were nice enough to come down and treat me for a last set of cheese burger and beer. It felt weird. Even though I made the call I felt like a door being closed in front of me. But hey, no hard feelings. I look back on the ten months with a smile. And I hope you guys do, too. 

Just in case you wonder, it's not because of the outbreak of anger the other day. No, that was something else. I talked to my brother about leaving the shop a while ago. Then, it was just a thought, primarily to spur some ideas, some options of what I could do for myself. After all, you gotta keep moving, right?

So, today was my last day. It was quiet, like it usually is on a pre-winter afternoon. Fixing the shutter on the front was probably my last task, more than watching over the shop and increasing sales. It was a good experience, and everyone made it really easy for me. And well, I hope I left a little bit of an impact, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment