16 October 2013

Keep It Real

When was the last time you went to a club? For most people that's not a difficult question, but I don't usually enjoy clubs. I like mellow bars and concerts, but I was never too crazy about clubs. Especially the ones underground, with too many smokers and insufficiant air circulation. 

And yet I wanted to take my brother and his lady to a fun-promising club before they left Seoul. There's a lot of house clubs everywhere, but only a handful of hip hop venues that play decent music. One of them is in Itaewon, it's called Cakeshop and today Dj Soulscape was playing a long-set. 

Cakeshop is a relatively small space with a mediocre bar and a small deejay stage right next to the toilets. They do good stuff from time to time. It's nothing much, but probably one out of three clubs in Seoul that I think are worth a visit. Just keep an eye on your stuff. We had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment