03 September 2013

Training Day

I feel like I haven't skated in months. It's not true, but the feeling is very real. On top of that I've been eating with no constraints for the past two weeks. My usual diet is off the chain and I can actually feel myself becoming inflexible due to extra weight. It's not super bad, but I hate the feeling of being heavy all the time. What usually helps is a little bit of skateboarding. 

A few years ago, Steve Berra did a training day thing in order to prepare for Battle at the Berrics. Him and I think it was Mike Mo, Kerry Gets and Mikey Taylor who made a list of flatground tricks that they all had to land and check off. Something about the clip made me want to go out and just practice, work on some old tricks, maybe learn some new ones. 

I called up a few friends and told them, let's relearn the basics. Chansuk, Quentin and I gathered at Cult before noon, a time when the spot is empty like a church on a Monday. We arranged the boxes and started warming up. On the list that I had written in my head were: frontside tailslide, crooked grind and switch heelflip. I know this will take a while, but man, it feels good to be out.

No comments:

Post a Comment