29 September 2013

Three Words

I found a note in my phone from a couple of months ago. It said: dragonfly, bill cosby and lovi. Unfortunately, I have no idea why I made that note. I can't think of any good reason other than to remember those words, and Bill Cosby. I'm not sure what I wanted myself to do with it, but since I found it I thought I'd tell you what they remind me of. 

First, dragonfly. So, I was walking out of the train station with no intention of, well, with no intention of doing anything, to be frank. I was on my way home. As I reached the street, the lights turned red and I stopped. It was a sunny day. Out of nowhere comes this dragonfly, hovering around like it was lost. It tried to sit down on a guys backpack but slipped off. Then on a woman's carrier bag but slipped again. It looked tired of flying so I made a palm with my right hand and reached it out. The dragonfly sat down and its match-like body was breathing hard. The lights changed and we crossed the street. I thought it'd fly off on the other side, but it kept resting. I carried it for maybe a hundred meters before it took off again. I was almost home. 

Second, bill cosby. I always liked Bill Cosby. As a kid I was a big fan of his show. My favourite part was when the Huckstables lip-synced "Night Time is the Right Time" by Ray Charles. Today, Bill Cosby is seventy-five and I recently watched a clip of him performing stand-up comedy. In an interview he said he kept doing it, because the brain won't stop. I thought that was admirable. 

Third, lovi. This one is actually misspelled. I was in a cab when I typed it. I don't remember where I was headed, but I remember that the radio was playing. We stopped at a traffic light and the taxi driver, a grey-haired man in his fifties, turned up the volume. A super cheesy song was playing and I enjoyed the fact that he just pumped up the volume. By the time the lights changed he was singing along to the corus. The radio dj later announced it was Lobo's "I'd Love You To Want Me", and I typed Lovi in my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment