27 September 2013

Things Fall Apart

It's summer, but who knows how much of it is left? Beautiful days full of long, sunny hours, short if you're trying to make the best of them. The two halves of my big, milky window slide open with a piercing sound. It's annoying now, but I know I will miss it later. I look outside and I'm certain that none of this will last forever. 

This grey neighbourhood, this dirty black alley and my cozy little apartment. Sooner or later I will move again. I will pack my bags and boxes full of things that carry my name. Clothes, books and collectibles. I find things, some of them worthless but useful. I wander from here to there and I wonder, how long will this go on?

Yesterday, I published my thousandth post. One thousand entries containing bits and pieces of me and my humble life. To celebrate the occasion I selected one of my all time favourite tracks. In fact, Things Fall Apart, is one of those few albums I love to listen to in its entirety. I click the button and let it play, louder, as I open the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment