05 September 2013

Now I'm Here

Open 1:00 - 23:00, the sign says. Now it's 1:18 and the tables are already filling with customers. I got a good seat near the store front, a cushioned bench with a rich view. Mild daylight is flooding my table as I'm waiting for my house blend coffe. 

I realize it's been a while since I sat in a foreign cafĂ©. The unfamiliar sounds - French chansons played too loud, a coffee grinder with no manners, people babbling non-stop - are challenging but strangely exciting. Eagerly I fish for my notebook and pen. 

There's my coffee. I take a first sip and think about London, where I enjoyed walking around looking for something to inspire me. And the city never let me down. Leyas was my favourite coffee shop. So far away. Funny how things develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment