23 September 2013

Kids These Days

I watched this clip today. A fourteen-year old girl in the US has bought a house. She's put some work in it to make it look good and now she's renting it out for seven hundred bucks a month. Appearantly she started by collecting stuff off the curb and reselling it online. She did that for about a year and cumulated six thousand washingtons.

She explained to the host that the real estate market went down a whole lot, and that she found this house that was once worth over a hundred k. It cost sixteen when she asked for it and then she got it for twelve. The girl is fourteen years old. She's a normal teenager, nothing odd. And she's a house-owner with a seven hundred new schillings a month.

When I was fourteen I started skateboarding. I made no money at all, but I lost some everyday. Actually, at that time there wasn't much to spend money on. I lived more or less quietly under my parents' roof, ate the family's food, drank the family's water. I went to school, went to throw balls, went to skate. I had no desire for money. At age fourteen I was a kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment