12 August 2013

Start at the Beginning

The other day, Sumin and I talked about going back in time. Not an abstract time in history, like Bill and Ted did, but back to a certain time in our own lives. You know how people often say, ah shit, I wish I could go back to my days as a student and relive the glorious days of doing nothing. And surprisingly, both of us said that we wouldn't want to do that. 

We're both happy with where we are right now. And that, I thought, was one of the most wonderful things to agree on. Not only because I'll just blindly assume that I'm doing my part to make her feel that way, but also because that makes her exactly the person I want to be with. The conversation ended when our order arrived at the table. We smiled and clinked our glasses.

Later that night I lay awake in my apartment and thought about something I haven't thought about in a long time. And as I did I felt bad, almost embarrassed that I had let it slip through my mind. I used to be very thankful for what I have, much more consciously glad about the things I've got, the friendly souls I am surrounded by. I sighed and thought, let's try that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment