03 August 2013

Out of the Ordinary

When was the last time you went skating at night? Frankly, I'm not a strong night skater, because my after-hours vision is weak. I enjoy cruising at night, but going out to practice or to get tricks is a headache. I can't do it and I envy those who can. That's why I was even more surprised when I made up my mind to visit the Ttukseom skate park at almost nine. 

Going back home to fetch my stuff and travelling south on line number four, then west on line number seven would take another hour at least. Well, the heart wants what the heart wants. On my way, I texted Chansuki and Cha Cha, two possible short-notice accomplices, and lo and behold an unusual skate session was in the making before I knew it. 

The oval-shaped skatepark is lit along the outside rim and filled with obstacles the right size. The street parcour was intriguing, but I knew that it would be a semi-visible bad idea. Some decent flatground made the warm-up possible and the miniramp became our main target. I'm usually not too fond of transitions, but this thing was actual fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment