01 July 2013

July First

Looking through my archive I just found out that two years ago I was in Germany. I was just back from a lengthy Bangkok adventure, broke as shit and happily back home. I have only great memories of that time, I can't believe it's already been two years. Sometimes I wish I could go back to where I was, sometimes to who I was at that time.

Actually, not so much anymore. I'm quite happy with who I am today. Sure, I've got issues, like minor anger explosions and bad eating habits, but who hasn't. No, I feel like I have a good idea of where I'm headed and that's a really good feeling. I can make ends meet with what I do and if it weren't raining all day every day, I would be skating, too. 

Right now, that's the missing link. The careless joy of skating. And that's alright as long as it's only the timing or the weather condition that is faulty. Am I worried that one day, I might not feel any joy from skating anymore? Not really, no. I don't think that day will ever come. That's the one thing I've been fighting for since I was fourteen. That's not gonna change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment