25 July 2013

Everything Looks Better in the Sun

Another summer day in Seoul. The sky is clear for a change and the sun is out to do what she does best. She reminds us of the green in the trees and the red in the strawberries that are sold underneath them on the sidewalks. People don't look suicidal anymore, but the heat is seemingly getting to some people's head. 

They complain about the sun. Think about it. And I'm sure that the same bunch of people complain about the cold in the winter and the wind in autumn. That leaves them with two weeks of spring weather to shut up. Two weeks a year, imagine that. And I'm sure they'll find something to complain about then, too.

To each his own, that has always been true, but I don't understand why some people have to be bitter just for the sake of it. Since I don't like winters myself, I get the cold complaints. I do it too, the dry, cold, winter here really is cruel, but the summer is what it is because of the sun. Everything looks better in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment