09 June 2013

Must Go to Bed

So, the fourth issue of our magazine is out and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I mean, obviously I'm stoked, because it's a solid issue, our fourth child, but you know, thoughts are wandering and questions are coming up. Questions like, what is everyone's task slash responsibility in the mag again? Or, how much of me is in those pages? Questions that are difficult to answer. 

Some things are hard to change and some things are too good to fight for under the wrong name. Something to think about. What else is on my mind? That's another complex string of thoughts. A lot of it has to do with the question, what am I doing with my life? How many people do something that they really like to do for a living? Can I find my own way without starving to death?

Difficult. Every person has a certain set of skills. Things he has learned during the process of growing up. Education plays a significant role, but also finding one's personal values in life. The hard part is to make those two meet. Perfect test scores in home economics won't necessary help you as an aspiring painter. This is probably an old story. A story written new every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment