29 June 2013

Microcosm

A lot of things are going wrong these days. Not in the world, or maybe that too, but I wouldn't know too much about that. I'm talking about this compressed universe of mine. You know, people sometimes say things like, 'Dude, you live in your own little world, get a grip on life'. Not to me they don't, but I've heard people say that. And it makes me laugh, because I don't think it's an insult at all. 

If you ask me every single person lives in his own world. Some people call themselves more worldly than others, and I've talked about people who pursue their local, set-from-the-beginning lives, too, but there's really nothing to criticize. All I'm saying is that I'm different, but that doesn't make it wrong. Sure, I care about general humanity and environmental issues, but I focus on my personal premises first. 

And within those premises of mine I find that things aren't running too smoothly lately. Specifically, in terms of work. I'm not unhappy, I'm busy and I like it, but from time to time I wonder how much of the things I do I actually do for myself. I've probably mentioned this before, but well, that's what's on my mind a lot. What about you? Are you doing what you honestly want to be doing? Are you happy?


No comments:

Post a Comment