16 June 2013

Always Hated to Run

Slowly but surely the temperatures are rising to a point where people start missing winter days. It's a good time of year to start being more sportive. My basketball missions didn't work out and since I got kicked out of that school yard, I couldn't find the motivation to go all the way to Hyochang Park, where the nearest basket is, just to shoot some free throws. 

Instead, I started playing half-court, fake-lawn five on five fooseball. I used to play as a kid, but I always hated socker practice. It was all about workout and running around the court. I hated that. Hate is a strong word, I'm well aware of that, but I genuinely hated it. Precision passing, free-kicks, defense, all of that was fine. But the running I hated like nothing else. 

Good thing I quit at an early age. I just wanted to play. I always thought that a clever pass was worthier than a strong shot. I wanted to intercept attacks and build up masterful maneuvers. The thing is, I was never given the chance, because I hated running at practice. Well, fuck that. From now on, every Sunday I'm playing the way I always thought was the most fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment