29 May 2013

Contemplating Change

I should rearrange my desk. I don't usually like change, but every now and then I get sick of the way things are. My desk is a simple plywood plank attached to a moderate metal skeleton. It's a one-twenty by sixty centimeters table in birch colour. I ordered it online and it came with a matching book shelf that I wanted, too. That and a black fake-leather chair is my complete home office furniture. 

I have an old Sony Vaio that I adopted from my brother a few years ago. He had used it for several years and I've had it for about the same amount of time now. It's silver, which is not the colour I would've picked, but I'm not complaining. I use it every day and it's been a loyal companion so far. To its left I keep an additional monitor, bought a while ago, without which I couldn't work anymore. 

Of course, there's the cordless mouse and the external drive that have their constant spots on my desk, but I don't really count those as essential. Along with that goes the speaker system that I purchased a few weeks ago, a luxury that my ears are quite thankful for. Other than that there's always some other stuff scattered about, like name cards, a borrowed necktie and some electricity bills.

Perhaps, what I really need is not to rearrange but to tidy up my desk a little. Let's face it, with the measurements seen above my spacial freedom is already limited. Oh well, there we go. Explaining to you what I have to deal with I just convinced myself to just suck it up and clean. Unless, maybe I should allow myself to get another desk. I saw this half desk half shelf combination that wou...

No comments:

Post a Comment