23 May 2013

A New Day

Today I had two mornings. I got up early and left the house in an ambitious attempt to finish my remaining piece. I went to a small coffee shop close to my place that I have never been to before. Terrible fail, the place looked tasteless and the coffee went well with that. What pushed me over the edge though, was the two spoiled ladies complaining about their spoiled kids who complain about all the things they get in exchange for being professional brats out of control. 

After an hour I gave up. I let out an invisible sigh, thinking what the fuck am I doing here. Quickly I decided to start my day over and went back home. I put my bag down, distorted my hair and went back to bed for fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes of peaceful pre-noon silence. Eyes closed I counted the seconds and lost track at about seventeen. Soon my time was up and I heave my sore body into an upright position again. Then I slapped myself in the face twice and got up.

Time to restart my day. I wash up, get dressed and iron my hair as if I had just gotten up after a long night's sleep. For some reason my bag is already packed, so I pick it up and leave the house. At the door I decide to take my bike and ride to Mama's CafĂ© not too far away from where I live. A perfect breeze is brushing against my sleepy face and I enjoy the sun reflected in the streets. Motorcycles yell at me, taxi drivers give me the finger and I couldn't care less. It's a new day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment