24 April 2013

Just A Dream

It was a clear night and we were on our way to a party. We were walking in the middle of the street, like we always do, and the brisk wind was walking with us. We had picked up some beers and our voices had a hint of alcohol in them. As we arrived at the party I saw a strangely familiar figure, a guy who I went to school with. That's impossible, I thought. I haven't seen him in ten years. 

I kept a careful eye on him throughout the whole night, making sure he didn't grow too aware of me. I couldn't stop thinking about what he did to me back then and it made me angry. The more I thought about it the more I got pissed. My friends saw me upset and asked me what was wrong. Nothing, I said. Don't worry about it. I fished a cigarette out of my jacket pocket and lit it. 

When I was talking to the host someone suddenly tabbed me on the shoulder and said, hey! I knew it was him. I turned around and looked him in the eyes. I gripped the lighter in my hand and made a firm fist. Hey, he said again and before he could say anything else I punched him in the face. He held his bleeding nose and I punched him again. I said hey, and punched him yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment