05 March 2013

That's Not My Point

Our friend Jeune left for London a few days ago. He's generally a secretive person and keeps a lot of information to himself, but we were rather surprised when he told us he'd be gone for two years. He would always be more of an observer than a contributive talker, be as vague as possible even if we'd call him out on something, but still, he could've let us in on this one.

About two weeks ago he had his farewell gathering, which none of us was invited to until the very last minute. We were the only guests, but he just didn't tell us. A typical thing for him to do, but fortunately some of us were spontaneous enough to meet up. It was a newly-opened wine bar in Shinsa-dong. Garosugil in my book is famous for its superficial wackness.

It's an overprized catwalk for people who think they're something because they have diamond shoes or plastic faces. Am I jealous? Sure, I am. I mean, who wouldn't want to be filthy rich? Who wouldn't want to get a stupid cup of coffee for six bucks. Who would't enjoy sitting in the sun, trying to look good after all the exhausting shopping. Who wouldn't ... wait, what was I gonna say?

No comments:

Post a Comment