21 March 2013

Dates Over Duties

Today I had a lunch date. I took the subway to Gasan and waited at exit four where yet another outlet store had opened its doors and was promoting it with noisy techno music. The marketing team decided to lure husbands and fathers into the store using short-skirted girls, destined to dance untill the numbers met their marginal imagination.

Unfortunately, there wasn't much time for desert. I had to get to the monthly Eloquence meeting near Hapjeong. Sumin and I said our rushed good-byes and I took the train to Sindorim. The meetings are always tense, but today I was especially nervous. I came unprepared. The magazine has recently changed its whole concept, one that I frankly still don't quite get.

After two hours I got out of the building alive and the hardest part of my day was over. I relaxed in the cab that I felt forced to take, because I was late for my next appointment. Rushing through traffic I was busy sending out text messages containing appologies and approximations. The driver grew anxious, because I got angry. Not at him, but at the traffic.

When I arrived at the spot, the Musinsa team of two was already there. Jay didn't forget the hoody that I asked for and I changed into the rest of the waiting outfit while the trio of unhappy faces was turned away. The photo shoot was a favour that Jay had asked me for. I thought it over and agreed, because it would be beneficial for all parties if done well.

Around sunset Jay dropped me off at Seoul Station and I started walking home. On my way I retraced my day and realized that it was a pretty good schedule. My day began in the late morning, which I like a lot on a weekday, leading to a leisure lunch, my strengthening spinach for whatever was to follow, and turned into a quite productive afternoon. And the evening is mine. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment