24 January 2013

A Quick Journey

My second day in London. That's what it said when I opened this draft to reuse it for today's post. I didn't figure that out until late, how they automatically save drafts, I mean. So I clicked on the folder and found over a hundred and fifty posts that never made it to publication. They just sat there, waiting to be finished one day. I'm glad I found them.

This one I apparently started typing when I was in London. On my second day. I remember I crashed at P's place for the first two weeks. I probably sat on their living room couch and got fed up with searching gumtree and 04uk for affordable flat share offerings. Man, living costs are so expensive in London. I wonder what else I did that day.

It's funny to think back, though. The second day was just the beginning of what would become almost a year of living in London. I enjoy reflecting like this, because it puts things in perspective. When I look up from this computer screen I don't see Crowndale Road anymore. I see a street with no name in the middle of Seoul. Sometimes I need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment