20 February 2012

Tough Decision

Chocolate Chunk cookies with decaf instant coffee, or a bag of salted jumbo cashew nuts with a delicious Guinnes. It's one eighteen at night and I'm facing the hardest question of my day. Before I came to London I had no idea that I would like the dark dry stout so much, and I also never knew that I enjoyed cookies as much as I do when they're soft and full of chocolate. I always thought I was more of a crisps kind of person.

Reading week is over and I wonder what the rest of this term will bring. Probably just another load of translations and summaries, discussions and seminars. No, I actually think it's a good programme. Also I asked myself what I did this past seven to ten days. I know there was a lot of skateboarding going on, but I remember there were also a number of ice cold days. Days of soup and reading and planning the future. 

Ah, the future. The yet unknown abyss in time. And sure, I'm curious about what will happen, but that's not why I can't get my daily nocturnal rest. Somebody once said that everyone is responsible for their own future. What am I going to do tomorrow, next week, next year? I have no clue, and that's probably why I have trouble sleeping, why I have to make such important decisions. Cookies and coffee or nuts and beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment