My heart is still pumping like crazy. I'm trying to catch my breath, but I have trouble to calm down. I feel like I'm not in control of my body, adrenaline still has the best of me. I find a vacant seat and let my exhausted limbs sink on the blue cushion. I can feel my pulse racing through my joints; blood is rushing through my vains, pushed by anger and ambition. How could this happen, I mumble and think back on what just happened. Damnit, I think, it's all my fault.
Usually I don't get too competitive. At least that's what I thought. But then come days like these, days when I run up and down the court cursing at the top of my voice. We played four on four as always. Our center position was weak today - mainly on the finish, but also defensively - and that's what the other team took advantage of. We had two strong guards, but my performance as forward could have been better. That's why I'm so upset.
Some teenage kid sitting opposite of me keeps staring at me. Please don't piss me off, I think. Not today. I put on my headphones and press play. A nice beat is catching my attention, it's Dumbfoundead's Cool and Calm. How appropriate. I listen to the song and it distracts me from thinking about the shots that I missed, the turnovers that I caused, the open passes that I saw too late. I release a sigh but tell myself that it's alright. There are good days, and there are bad days.
No comments:
Post a Comment