10 July 2011

Today is Going to be a Better Day

Lately I've been spending a lot of time at my desk. Working on translations, reading this and that, watching the occasional skateboard flick, sometimes even a movie to spice up my dinner. I'm trying to get a little more order into my day again, because I feel like I've lost a great deal of stability over the past few weeks. The goal is to be exhausted at night, to look back on my day and know that I wasn't useless. And part of the routine is getting up at eight thirty, nine o'clock at the latest. 

Since I'm not a morning person I have my troubles getting activated, but once I'm up it's actually okay. Plus, it helps to be tired in the evening. Then follows breakfast, and these past few days it's been super disappointing, because I bought the wrong kind of cereals. They looked fine on the box, but they just don't taste good. I got a pack of almonds now to make it more interesting, but let's be honest, they're not gonna make much of a difference. Sigh, I should've spent the extra Euro.

Anyways, after breakfast comes work and on a good day I get a fine stack of sentences done before noon. And on even better days Tobs rings me up and we meet for lunch. Most of the time we go to the baguette place around the corner. They have pretty good food and the coffee isn't too expensive. The weather has been quite nice lately, so we usually pick a table in front of the shop and talk about our days, about the things we have to do and about how to make today a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment