16 July 2011

Sorry, Little Man

I know, lately I've been slacking posts a lot, but things have been a little crazy around here. A lot of stuff is going on and some of it is just bad news. Sure, there's good times, too, but the few events I can gain energy from are pretty rare. Most of the times a lot of negativity is being raised and I don't like it. The other day, for example, we had a little skate session, nothing grandiose, just a little flatground rolling around. And then there was this kid, nagging and nerving the shit out of us. 

He was around twelve years old, sure, a difficult age, and he was probably lacking attention at home. It was a quiet saturday afternoon, a peaceful session with my dear friends, and this kid, he was out of control. I was trying a trick, and you know how you can get competitive with yourself when you're trying a trick that you used to own, when this little brat's voice was piercing my nerves, like a mosquito that flies right by your ears when all you want is to enjoy some peace after a long day. 

At some point I was so messed up, that I grabbed my board, took a deep breath and smacked it right at his feet. I wanted to scare him away and after a while he left. But the point is that I snapped, which doesn't happen too often anymore, and I snapped at a kid. Sure, he was an immense pain in the ass, but he was still a kid. And ordinarily I like kids, I really do. So, if anything, his parents should be scolded for being useless role models. That incident occured a week ago and I still feel bad about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment