21 July 2011

Seoul - Day 3

One of the happiest things that has happened so far was joining forces with my old board again. It's a beautiful setup that Phil hooked me up with after my original board got stolen from Doku hyung's place last year. It's a 7,5 Stereo, with super light Ventures, soft Bones bushings and 52mm Bones wheels. It's probably the best setup I've ever had in my life, and Phil was nice enough to take care of it while I was back in Germany. Today I rode it for the first time in almost eight months and it was plain awesome. 

We started the day with coffee in a shop close to the crib. Phil was busy on the phone and little Luke and I just enjoyed the sunny day. After our daily portion of early caffein we pushed down the street till we hit Karosugil, a super trendy street with mostly über-expensive boutiques and shops. But we were aiming for a small down-to-earth restaurant that served fantastic Korean food. The owner and his wife are a super friendly couple, probably grandparents, they even liked our skateboards.

After lunch we went back home and made a few more calls. I took the chance to readjust my bushings and now they're almost better than new. We met up with Kwang hyung, Seok hyung, Gunhoo and another young gun from Pyeongtaek whose name I forgot and split up at the bus stop, because Phil had to take care of some business. He and little Luke went to Hanyangdae, while I tagged along with the others and took the 703 to Cult, one of my all-time favorite spots in the world. You gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment