19 July 2011

Seoul - Day 1

It's weird to type Seoul into the title field. I've already spent so much time here that it has become more like a second home than a place to just visit. I've actually come to know the city quite well over the past few years. I like the streets and I think I know my way around. I feel super comfortable here for many different reasons, one of them sure is the skating. I'm not sure why, but while I'm mostly trying to maintain my tricks back at home, here I feel more confident on my board, eager to learn new tricks and take it to spots. It feels great.

I finished packing late last night and had to catch a train after only a few hours of sleep. As I walked up to the station I thought about how it's only been a month since I had arrived from Bangkok and walked into the other direction. I got to the airport easily and check-in and costums were no problem, either. The first flight was to Amsterdam, where I had a five hour stop-over. I thought about leaving for the city a little bit, but then decided to stay inside after all. I figured that it would have been too much trouble for too short a stay.

For lunch I got a big Chicken Salad, it was packed with all kinds of healthy green and a decent portion of chicken. I sat at a huge glass wall that faced the landing field. It was fun to watch those gigantic planes roll by and take off. For dessert I got coffee and some chocolate on the upper floor. They have an amazing rest area with a fake lawn, fake trees and even fake bird chirping sounds. I picked one of the provided lounger cots and watched a movie. Two hours went by pretty fast and I soon was on my connecting flight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment