08 July 2011

I Know it's Not the Batteries

Around eight years ago my brother got me a watch for my birthday. It has a silvery-white face and it feels perfect on my wrist. I don't like birthdays and I don't like presents too much, but that watch is one of the best things anybody ever got for me. I had to change the batteries a couple of times and I got a fresh wristband a few years ago. Now, since I've been back from BKK it keeps stopping. I consulted a nearby jeweller and he said that it's not the battery. And sadly, that was all he could do for me.

As you might already know, I feel like there are only few places to go in this town. Few places to do what? you might think. Well, few places to do anything. You think it's still vague, but that's basically the best I can do to describe what I mean. Let's see, I'll try to be more specific. In this bleak old town there's no place you can go and just be. First of all, because there's simply no places. Sad, isn't it? And second of all, because the few establishments that are open, are places you don't want to go voluntarily. 

I think it's mostly the people, though. Whether it's a jeweller or a coffee shop, it doesn't matter. Anywhere in this town is filled with people who's sorry visages you don't wanna see, who's annoying voices you don't wanna hear, who's mere presence you think is a complete waste of space. You step out the door and it's on. You're wearing a hat and stupid idiot kids call you names, you go for groceries and the security guard follows you, you walk into the bakery and people look at you like you were an animal. 

I don't know what it is, but lately I've re-grown sick and tired of this place. I had a pretty good run regarding everything in a positive way, but somehow that asset is used up already. The other day I was walking home from the train station, that's about five hundred meters, and when I arrived after the less than ten-minute walk I was so depressed that I almost went berserk on my wooden book shelf. Maybe it's not just my watch that is broken, because I had just recharged my batteries a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment