02 July 2011

Hello July

How have you been? It's nice to see you again, last time we met was probably around a year ago. I think I was just back from Korea then. Ah, I remember lots of good times and, oh, there was plenty of skating, too. I wonder what you will bring us this year. So far it looks quite promising. Weatherwise your forerunner June has been a little unstable, but it's generally getting warmer. I hope you're slowly preparing us for a nice summer. And well, you've come up with a good number of surprises already.

It's been around two weeks since I've been back from Bangkok. And besides seing my friends and fellow travellers every now and then, I've been running into so many good people it's hard to believe. The other day, for example, I was standing on the platform and waiting for my train to Cologne when suddenly Daniel, an old friend from school, stood next to me. He had recently moved to Köln and we took the same train. We had a great talk and discussed topics like jobs and other mysteries of life. 

Today, too, something funny happened. After a bready lunch I decided to go skate at the Herz-Jesu Kirche, my favorite hometown spot. I was wearing my new shoes, which I've finally grown accustomed to, and skating my new setup with fresh trucks and everything. The sun was shining and I truly enjoyed my kickflip correction practice. After a while I took a break and sat down on one of the benches. The beautiful sound of the wheels was still in my ears. I took a gulp of cold water and I suddenly felt strangely at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment