20 June 2011

Rainy Daze

I've been here for a few days now, and so far it's been raining almost all the time. The cold temperatures are fine, I like wearing jackets, but the rain is something I don't see a positive side of. Sure, the farmers will be happy, but for me, I don't have much agriculture going on. And the worst part is that I can't just grab my skateboard and take the MRT to the Thailand Cultural Center and rock the indoor park. No can do. Here, in this town, when it rains the world turns grey and takes away all the good things to do.

And it's the middle of June. Things should be different. The sun is supposed to shine and shine on people's moods, too. Yesterday, for example, I spent almost all day sitting at my desk wondering what to fill my hours with. Not that I have nothing to do, no no, I have a whole used envelope filled with things to do, but it's the rain and the grey that keeps me away from any kind of activity. So I did some rearranging, some planning and some research, but when I switched off the lights at the end of the day, I wasn't really tired.  

That's really not how I want to spend my days here. Sooner or later I might move on to some other place and I don't want to look back on a time of stagnant inactivity. Looking out the window makes me sigh. And the days being bright till ten at night doesn't make things easier. If things were different and I would be bound to a job and efficiently occupied all day with a monetary outcome, or if it was happy rain and this place a proper city with things to do despite the moody weather, or if it would ... just stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment