01 April 2011

First of April

I remember some time ago, I was sitting somewhere in Köln doing something, when I ran into an old friend of mine. It was him and a friend of his whom I didn't know. "Have a seat", I said and they sat down opposite of me. We talked a bit, it was fun to catch up. After some fifteen minutes my friend went outside to pick up a phone call and left me with his company, a nice, quiet girl. You know how there's people you meet for the first time and you just click? You talk about random stuff and feel and instant connection, it's amazing.

And we didn't have that. No connection at all. It was so awkward, the longest minutes in my life. Thinking about it now, it's kind of funny, because I recently had some thoughts on stretching time. But at that moment it was just bloody painful. She didn't seem to bother too much, but I was so uncomfortable, I desperatly searched my brains for words to say, to start a half smart conversation. But the moment to speak passed silently, and I started sipping on my empty coffee mug. And then she said: "So, what kind of music do you like?"

And I don't know. What kind of music do I like? My answer would usually be something like: "A little bit of this, a bit of that". But that's not intirely true, I think. The other day I was sitting on a train back home, looking out the window, watching the nice part between Kottenforst and Meckenheim pass by, when Funky DL started playing a sample of "I can't help you" by Amy Winehouse and my right foot tried to catch the beat. I don't know, that's my answer.

1 comment:

  1. thanx bro' for this amazing words u fitted together to create a great picture. i nearly could see myself sipping on my empy coffee mug :)

    ganz im ernst, du bist ein großartiger erzähler und schriftsteller.

    a big fan
    john trawalid

    ReplyDelete